“The Voice of Chastain Park” since 1978. Promoting Advocacy, Public Safety and Security, and Community.
CPCA’s Mission is to:
Protect the interests of the residents of the Chastain Park community:
Create or strengthen relationships with our neighbors, leading to a vibrant, desirable community; Encourage a healthy interest in community affairs; Investigate and correct civic abuses; Maintain strong relationships with our elected representatives for the common good.
Join Today – Dues are $120 through December 2019.
- Maintain strong relationships with our elected representatives and commissioners from the Cities of Atlanta and Sandy Springs, Fulton County,
- Provide strong representation on Neighborhood Planning Units-A & B, Atlanta Zoning Review Board, and Buckhead Council of Neighborhoods.
- Strict application of the CPCA Land Use Planning and Zoning Policy and participation in Atlanta’s Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP).
- Maintain strong communications channels and neighborhood interaction with Atlanta and Sandy Springs Police, Fire, and Emergency Services departments.
- Provide social media feedback to community when crimes or other public emergencies occur—CPCA website, Nextdoor Chastain, Facebook, Constant Contact.
- Promote the use of 911, Targeted Patrols, and Citizen Patrols to allocate professionals to Chastain Park as both a crime deterrent and timely response.
- Supplement, when possible, Atlanta Police Departments (APD) and Sandy Springs Police Department (SSPD) with CPCA-sponsored security patrols.
- Work with Commissioner of Public Works to assure adequate roads, sidewalks, crosswalks, and signals are provided for safe pedestrian access to neighbors, schools and parks.
- Monthly CPCA meetings provide a platform for neighbors, guest speakers and elected officials to discuss issues such as land use planning and development, education, roads, sidewalks, traffic, events, crime, and safety.
- Neighborhood events and festivals such as the annual 4th of July parade on West Wieuca, Chastain Chill neighborhood concerts, Fall Festival, and cultural events.
- Social Media–CPCA website, Nextdoor Chastain community intranet, Facebook, Around the Park magazine, Constant Contact emails.
- The social support provided by strong and cohesive neighborhoods and communities are linked to decreases in crime, better outcomes for children, and improved physical and mental health.
- Maintaining strong relationships with Chastain Park Partners: Chastain Horse Park, Chastain Tennis Center, American Golf (North Fulton Golf Course), Chastain Park Athletic Club (Pool), NYO (Northside Youth Organization), The Galloway School, The Chastain Arts Center, American Legion Post 140, Chastain Park Conservancy (CPC), and Chastain Park Amphitheater.
Executive Board Members
- Jason White: President
- Kirk Oppenlander: VP Advocacy (NPU-A Representative & Vice Chair)
- Mikki Hawkins: VP Community
- Ashley Battleson: VP Community
- John Terry: VP Safety
- Kelley Gambrell: Treasurer
- Mindy Kaplan: Secretary
- John Brumfield
- Walter Bryde
- Cristine Crampton
- Brink Dickerson (NPU-A Representative & NPU-A Chair)
- Doug Fluke
- Jubal Gatwood
- Kathryn Gilbert
- Marsha Holcomb (Sandy Springs Representative & Zoning Advisor)
- Teresa Joel (Webmaster)
- Daisy Kannukaden
- Sarah Lynch
- Steve McClelland
- Tejas Patel
- Katie Reynolds
- Marchela Roca
- Lea Smith
- Hassan Smith
- Frank Toye (NPU-B Representative)
- Stacy Vaughn-Gatwood
- Joe York